Tuesday, February 10

the phone call

I'm feeling weird this morning...

And by weird I'm mean happy. I'm freakishly happy and it feels good... I think it's all because my father called this morning. He wants to talk.... In my 20 years of life, he's never wanted to talk, adult to adult. We're actually going to sit down and have an honest discussion.
Fingers crossed...

It's just a really big deal to me... It NEVER happened before... It's weird.

He left a message this morning:
"Hello Jane, it's dad. I think it's time for us to have an open discussion, I know you've been having a rough time lately, your brother told me all about it. We need to talk. Call me back!"

I'll tell him. I'll tell him that he needs to leave my mother alone... I'll tell him that our little talk won't erase all the shit he's been putting us through. I'll tell him that I haven't forgiven him quite yet, and that he needs to back off.

I'll have a chance to say what's going on. I've never had that before.

Good mood this morning... It's weird!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not saying this to warn you or discourage you, but just don't put too much hope in yourself or either of your parents. Keep an open mind, but don't trust anyone too easily. It's too easy to get caught up in situations...

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Michael...

    It's good you feel happy about it but you need to keep a logical outlook on this as it has a big potential to turn very ugly. :S

    Take it from me, I had this chance once and it did not go according to my hopes and I wished I didn't get super excited over it... :(

    I wish you the best of luck with that talk, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here and I read this! Tough!! Chin up! Be tough and don't take any shit!

    Best of luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Michael and P... I know this one, I know it... I've been through quite similar before (as in my father wanting us to talk).
    Major dissapointment...
    He basically tried to force upon me HIS point of view, I soon realized he had planned a monologue and not a dialogue.
    I hope it's not the same for you but if it is, be prepared.

    Got your back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just remember this: HALE.

    HIGHER acceptance LOWER expectations.

    ~C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's on Sunday... Thanks for the comments, I know I should calm down and breathe a bit...
    We'll see how it goes later.

    ReplyDelete